On The Street
• American Solutions for Business in Glenwood announced that Bill Finley will join the employee-owned company as its new vice president of finance. Finley most recently held the position of chief financial officer at companies Sector Seven and Tastefully Simple. He has more than 20 years of experience and leadership in financial strategy and operations. Company president Justin Zavadil said American has seen double-digit annual growth for five consecutive years, and called Finley a "tremendous asset" in strategic planning and guidance. American Solutions for Business distributes print, promotional products, marketing collateral, fulfillment and more.
• The Village Family Service Center has promoted Erica Overshiner to Alexandria Regional Program supervisor. In that role, she oversees daily operations of The Village's Alexandria office and supervises its staff. Overshiner earned a master of clinical social work degree from Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas, and is a licensed independent clinical social worker. She has worked for The Village since 2017. The Village's 15 offices in North Dakota and Minnesota offer counseling, addiction treatment, in-home family therapy, truancy intervention, financial counseling, employee assistance programs and business training.
• Several companies with local ties were included in the Star Tribune's list of 2018 Top 150 Workplaces. They include Aldi, Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union, Bell Bank, Bursch Travel, Counselor Realty, Edina Realty Home Services, Edward Jones, Glenwood State Bank, Marco and RE/MAX. Top Workplaces recognizes Minnesota companies based on employee opinions measuring engagement, organizational health and satisfaction. The analysis included responses from more than 69,000 employees at Minnesota public, private and nonprofit organizations. To qualify for the Star Tribune Top Workplaces, a company must have more than 50 employees in Minnesota.
• Del Mari Runck, chief operating officer and director at Neighborhood National Bank in Alexandria and Minnesota Bankers Association board member, recently attended the association's annual summit and 129th annual meeting at Madden's on Gull Lake in Brainerd. The Minnesota Bankers Association represents 95 percent of Minnesota's chartered banks.
• Todd Jensen, with Farmers Insurance-Todd Jensen Agency in Alexandria, recently attended a week at University of Farmers in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Jensen has purchased a second Farmers Insurance Agency in Rice. The training at University of Farmers focused on owning and operating an agency.