For the record
Alexandria Planning Commission Agenda
Monday, Oct. 16
Location: City Council chambers, 704 Broadway St.
1. 7 p.m. Public Hearing — Conditional Use Permit — First Lutheran Church: The applicant is requesting to allow construction of a 26,000 square foot church housing educational and multipurpose spaces, areas of worship and fellowship, serving kitchen, and supporting mechanical/electrical spaces in an R-1 "Single Family Residential" zoning district. The property is located at 1655 18th Ave E and is legally described as: "Celebration Hills, Lot 1, Blk 1, AC 21.99, Section 29, Township 128, Range 37, Douglas County, Minnesota."
2. Old & Other Business
A. Zoning District amendment — Roth Family, LLLP
B. Conditional Use permit — Heidi Anderson dba Choices Home Care, LLLP
C. Zoning Text amendment — Pollinator habitat
Douglas County Board of Commissioners
Tuesday, October 17
Location: Douglas County Courthouse Boardroom, 305 8th Avenue W. in Alexandria.
9 a.m. Call to order, invocation, approve agenda, approve minutes from Oct. 3 regular board meeting
9:01 a.m. Public hearing — Issuance of gross revenue bonds to finance improvements to the Douglas County Hospital
9:05 a.m. Dawn Crouse, Douglas County recorder
1. Accept yearly FTP license agreement - action
2. Accept 2016 compliance report - action
9:10 a.m. Laurie Bonds, Community Human Services director
1. Accept donation for veterans needs - action
9:15 a.m. Dave Rush, Land and Resource director
1. Conditional use permit — Paul A. and Cheryl R. Schmidt/Verizon Wireless - action
2. Amendment to the zoning ordinance as it relates to burning in the shore impact zone and special provisions for agricultural uses within shoreland zoning districts - action
3. Adoption of an agricultural riparian buffer ordinance for Douglas County pursuant to Minnesota Statute §103F.48 - action
9:35 a.m. Char Rosenow, auditor-treasurer
1. Bills — action
2. Annual county investment policy review - action
3. Procurement policy update — action
9:40 a.m. Timothy Vlach, knowINK
1. Electronic poll book demo — informational
10:10 a.m. Board
1. Appoint MCIT delegate and alternate — action
2. Reports of other upcoming meetings for commissioners? Per diem eligible? Advertising needed? — action
3. Item - Action or informational
Closed Session: The meeting will be closed as permitted by Minnesota Statutes Section 13D.03, subdivision 1(b) to discuss the county's labor negotiation strategy related to the county's negotiations with the Teamsters & LELS unions, conducted pursuant to sections 179A.01 to 179A.25.
Items from the Floor
Agenda as of October 11, 2017— subject to change
The Douglas County Board of Commissioners will be attending the following meetings to discuss issues of interest and/or concern to Douglas County:
• Douglas County Agricultural Association Annual Meeting from 5-9 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 24 at the Alexandria Shooting Park at 533 County Road 87 SE
• Business and Industrial Appreciation luncheon from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 24 at Arrowwood at 533 County Road 87 SE
• Association of Minnesota Counties District 4 meeting from 8 a.m.-noon on Friday, Oct. 27 at the Otter Tail County Government Services building, 500 Fir Avenue West, Fergus Falls.