Brandon Summerfest parade brings in big crowd
The streets were full during the annual Brandon Summerfest parade Saturday afternoon. Kids of all ages were getting their fair share of candy and other trinkets that were thrown by the numerous floats. The weather held out during the parade with the sun coming out later in the afternoon.
There is more fun to be had in Brandon; here’s a look at the rest of the weekend’s activities:
Saturday, Aug. 4
- Brandon Lions Club bingo – goes until 4:30 p.m.
- Brandon Lions Club fish fry dinner – 4:45 to 7 p.m.
- Street dance featuring Blonde and the Bohunk – 8 p.m. to midnight
- Fireworks at dusk at the Brandon high school football field
Sunday, Aug. 5
- Men’s roundtable pancake breakfast at St. Ann’s Catholic Church – 8 a.m. to noon